Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pain is Beauty.

Dance comes with a lot of pain. Not only physical pain, but also emotional pain. I have been hurt plenty of times because of dance. The worst accident was learing a ligiment in my ankle. It all started when we were practicing leaps. It was my freshmen year and I was in Dance III, so there were seniors in my class. I loved having seniors becuase I was able to watch them and try to be as good as them. We began doing side leaps, I had done side leaps many many times, but this time ended different. I did the side leap and when I went to go land, I rolled my ankle. I instantly fell to the floor and began crying and dragged myself out of the dance room. The next day I was on crutches. Dance also causes many emotional pains. Becoming over whellmed, over working yourself, and pushing yourself too hard can be many causes of this pain. The list goes on and on and is different for everyone. The point where dance begins to effect me emotionally is when I get too stressed about a dance, or at the end of the dance team season. A dancer can easily become over whellmed with dance. But in the end, I feel that all of this pain is worht the amount of love I feel for this passion.

Dance for Life.

1 comment:

  1. eeeeek. I remember that:( I want to say I came to school the next day hurt from something else too. Always seems to happen like that.

    ReplyDelete